I have a digital wizard-like survey that has multiple pages with buttons "previous", "save" and "next" on it.

What term would sound more natural to label the button "Next", to prompt a user to proceed to the next page?

(1) Siguiente or (2) Seguinte?

a screenshot of 3 previous-save-next buttons

• "(1) Siguiente" Is not in Portuguese, so that's not even an option. – Hugo May 26 at 2:59

In PT-BR, you could use:

• Back -> Anterior
  • Back -> Voltar
  • Next -> Próximo
  • Next -> Continuar
  • Save -> Salvar
| improve this answer | |
  • Cool, thank you! What about pt-PT are terms similar? – McV May 14 at 9:48
  • @McV The answer from CIMend refers to pt-PT. – stafusa May 14 at 22:52
  • I don't think that CIMend's answer is pt-PT. (If it is, it should say so! The question is asking for pt-BR.) In pt-PT installation wizards, I think that the idiomatic word for "next" is "seguinte". – ANeves May 15 at 14:01
    @McV the literal translation "salvar" is not used in pt-PT. We use guardar (or, more uncommonly, gravar). – Artefacto May 15 at 15:34

In Portuguese, you could use, like in the example shown in the image below:

• Back -> Anterior
  • Next -> Continuar
  • Save -> Guardar

an example installer, showing the next-save-previous buttons in Portuguese

• Continuar também é utilizado e é equivalente a próximo – ClMend May 15 at 9:32
  • Your answer offers two options for "next". It should explain their differences. – ANeves May 15 at 13:58
  • Continuar is also plausible imho. – Hugo May 26 at 3:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.