I'd like to know what is the name of the part of body between the nose and lip in portuguese.

skin between nose and lip

I guess that exists some scientific term that I can find in google, but I'm looking for the popular name.

Here is a similar question in English SE where i get the image.

3 Answers 3


From the translation of philtrum, the English word for the area between the nose and upper lip, I discovered it is called Filtro Labial in Portuguese.

A quick search about this term showed a few results like this one in Wikipedia or this one (about bizarre names for human body parts), but those 2 links are not authoritative resources on anatomy I'm not an expert, so I'm not sure where to look for an official name.


One could use "buço", by extension.

Definition: the hair above the upper lip in men and some women.


  • 4
    "Buço" is mostly used to name the women's moustache. Aug 7, 2015 at 21:17
  • 1
    In any case, it's the closest to a reference to this particular area of the body, wouldn't you agree? One could say "a região do buço" and it would solve the problem in question. Aug 8, 2015 at 6:52

Lábio Superior (picture 1)

Source: Lábio - Wikipedia

Filtro Labial (picture 2)

Source: Filtro Labial - Wikipedia


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.