É sabido que o português brasileiro sofre várias influências de dialetos africanos. Quais são as palavras que possuem essas origens?

Adicionalmente, quais são sinônimos presentes no português de Portugal?

In English

It is known that the Brazilian Portuguese has undergone several African dialects influences. What are these words that have these sources?

In addition, what are synonymous present in the Portuguese of Portugal for them?

closed as too broad by ANeves, bfavaretto, gmauch, Jorge B., Denis Caixeta Aug 7 '15 at 12:36

Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Voting to close as too broad: one would need a book to answer it. – ANeves Aug 7 '15 at 0:34
    Would you be happy with just receiving some examples? Then we can ask instead "what are some examples of", and in my opinion it'd not be excessively broad. – ANeves Aug 7 '15 at 0:36
  • Related quora.com/… – Earthliŋ Aug 7 '15 at 11:00
    @CiganoMorrisonMendez it's hard to say when a question is broad, but not enough to be closed as too broad. This question's scope has been restricted after the edit, but IMHO it is still too broad. – gmauch Aug 7 '15 at 15:49
    @CiganoMorrisonMendez explaining with a comparison: to me, a too-broad question would be what names are used in Brasil that are not used in Portugal?, and its scope could be reduced to an acceptable size by changing it to what are some examples of names used in Brasil that are not used in Portugal?. A complete answer to the broad version would have hundreds of names... (That is not to say that a question cannot have a lot of possible answers! This SO question has 9 answers with more than 100 upvotes.) – ANeves Aug 7 '15 at 18:17

Well, I'm not sure this site encourages questions asking for lists. Other SE sites do not. Anyway, I going to cite just a few and then learn if this type of question is accepted here. In pt-BR there are some words I never heard in pt-PT:

• bunda (buttocks, in English) In Portugal they call it... well, you know.
  • quitute (a delicacy, in English). The Portuguese say "uma iguaria".
  • fofoca (gossip, in English) The Portuguese call it "mexerico".

Edit: I must admit I forgot to write about their etymology. Caqui sounds very much like a Native-American word, but I would have to check that.

Edit 2: Since the original question has been rephrased and asks for words brought from African dialects only, I'm changing my answer.

• What do you suggest? A tag, maybe? – Cigano Morrison Mendez Aug 7 '15 at 0:32
    We say "sotaque" in Portugal; "acento" is the graphical mark. And the languages are pt-BR and pt-PT. – ANeves Aug 7 '15 at 0:33
    -1: none of those words are tupi-guarani or african in origin. – ANeves Aug 7 '15 at 0:35
    @Centaurus what? Everybody says "sotaque" like "tens um sotaque engraçado". I had never heard "acento" in this sense... – Jorge B. Aug 7 '15 at 8:39
    @Centaurus in my experience, the only alternative in Portugal to "sotaque" is "pronúncia". (Cue "Pronúncia do Norte"...) – ANeves Aug 7 '15 at 13:26

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.